Myriador Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Myriador
 Future Releases
 POLL: What would you like to see converted?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic

cimerians

14 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  03:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe someone is FINALLY converting these great adventures for the D&D game.

My votes:

Deathtrap Dungeon (I know this is being released as I write this)
City of Thieves
Island of the Lizard King
Forest of Doom

I really enjoyed Sword of the Samurai and House of Hell but I don't know how these can be converted. Perhaps an oriental adventure and a Cthulu d20 adventure??

Thank You for translating these games!!
Go to Top of Page

Demonknight

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2003 :  13:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see Demonknight's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My votes:

The Forest Of Doom
Trial Of Champions
City Of Thieves

Crit Happens!
Go to Top of Page

Kishin

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  13:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
House of Hell was by far my favorite. It was one of the hardest, most confusing (in layout), and dangerous (if the monsters didn't kill you the Fear might!) FF book I ever played. It was also the most original of the series.

House of Hell ranks top on my list and a D20 Modern conversion would be easier than most think (though figuring out the layout to the House might be more challenging!).
Go to Top of Page

cimerians

14 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  15:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, House of Hell was one of my top 3 favorites (warlock, deathtrap and House of Hell)

Go to Top of Page

Feldrin

France
16 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  16:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Feldrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My votes :

House of Hell
Scorpion Swamp
Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  10:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Eternalknight's Homepage  Send Eternalknight an AOL message  Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message  Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address  Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll throw another out there; how about a clash of the princes conversion with two groups against each other?
Go to Top of Page

Rabel

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  13:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eternalknight

I'll throw another out there; how about a clash of the princes conversion with two groups against each other?

I've never played any of the Prince's books but I'd have to say that, despite the difficulty of running such a scenario, there's nothing quite so cool as having a rival adventuring party on the same module at the same time. And you can forget your demons, devils, and dragons: you're unlikely to come across a more difficult challenge than another party!
I once DM'd a game that had this concept. Quite difficult to keep track, but, after a while, both parties negotiated an uneasy truce and decided to work together. Of course, the fight over the treasure at the end was devastating...
Go to Top of Page

kelvingreen

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  19:57:05  Show Profile  Visit kelvingreen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eternalknight

If you could choose just one book to be done, what book would that be?

K: I would have to choose a D20 version of Out Of The Pit. Yes, a decent GM could convert it himself (and most of the original monsters were borrowed from D&D anyway, so will be in the 3rd Ed Monster Manual or Fiend Folio), but it's always nice to have the official numbers in front of you.

Plus, who doesn't want a D20 Bhorket?

K.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  10:30:21  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Kelvin

Kelvingreen wrote: K: I would have to choose a D20 version of Out Of The Pit.

In the back of each of the Myriador adventures is a New Monsters Appendix with full d20 stats of all the monsters which do not appear in the MM: Bloodbeast, Yeti, Brainslayer, Minimite, Iron Clyclops, Skunkbear to name but a few of over 35 new monsters over the 4 adventures.

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

baden.holmes

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  21:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see the Whole collection of FF converted to D20 if possible, hey I'm not greedy am I??????

On a different note, is Myriador going to converted any of Joe Dever's books ie: Freeway Warrior Series??????
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baden.holmes

I would like to see the Whole collection of FF converted to D20 if possible, hey I'm not greedy am I??????

That would keep me busy for a while

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  11:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Eryx's Homepage  Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd really like the see the "classic" ones done first before moving on to the later books myself, but I'll be happy if they all come out as conversions.

Go to Top of Page

melanikus

1 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2003 :  01:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to throw my two cents in and say CITADEL OF CHAOS!!

This was the first FF book that I bought and still my favourite. It scared the heck out of me when I played it, and I still get chills when I think back on that book.

eeeew, that doorman!!!

I would also like to say thanks for some great conversions so far.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2003 :  14:07:38  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
melanikus wrote:
I would also like to say thanks for some great conversions so far.

Thank you Chris

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Vradna

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  11:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see something off the beaten track:

These are some of the titles that never made it to print (pulled from advancedfightingfantasy.com) and I think would be great as original titles whilst still paying homage to the classics:

a) Bloodbones/Pirates of the Black Skull (Jon Green)
b) Saga of the Stormchaser (Jon Green)
c) Keeper of the Seven Keys (Dave Morris/Jamie Thompson)
d) Thief of Arantis (Dave Morris)
e) The Wailing World (Paul Mason)
f) Deathlord (Andrew Chapman/Martin Allen)
g) Night of the Creature (Marc Gascgoigne)

The titles alone are (imho) pure FF!
What do you think? What can you guys come up with? Could be a great way to continue the series!

Otherwise....well....um
I'd settle for Temple of Terror!
Go to Top of Page
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums © 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000