Myriador Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
ÊAll Forums
ÊMyriador
ÊFuture Releases
ÊPOLL: What would you like to see converted?
ÊNew Topic ÊReply to Topic
ÊPrinter Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous TopicÊTopicÊNext Topic

Eternalknight

Australia
117 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê15 Jan 2004Ê:Ê 12:18:33 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Eternalknight's Homepage ÊSend Eternalknight an AOL message ÊSend Eternalknight an ICQ Message ÊClick to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address ÊSend Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message ÊReply with Quote
The problem is you'd have to get access to those books, and many of them probably aren't finished.

Having said that, I read an interview with Steve Jackson a while ago that said that it is possible that Bloodbones will see print - in it's current form it is a 300 paragraph adventure, but would probably have to be fleshed out to 400 paragraphs first.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê15 Jan 2004Ê:Ê 16:45:27 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit jamie's Homepage ÊReply with Quote
Shane,

I spoke to Steve about Bloodbones not so long ago. The book had been indeed been written and finished many years ago but Puffin books pulled the plug on FF at no 59.

However, if the TV ad campaign that wizard books were running is a success (which by the looks of the lack of FF books in large book retailers in this country over Christmas...it seems to be) Blood bones will be amongst the 'non-Jackson and Livingstone' FF books to start being produced later this year (I believe Freeway Fighter is the first Non-S&I book being re-done).

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
117 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê16 Jan 2004Ê:Ê 08:25:03 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Eternalknight's Homepage ÊSend Eternalknight an AOL message ÊSend Eternalknight an ICQ Message ÊClick to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address ÊSend Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message ÊReply with Quote
Actually, now that you mention it, that was what i had heard as well. But wasn't Freeway Fighter written by Ian???
Go to Top of Page

Vradna

Australia
4 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê17 Jan 2004Ê:Ê 02:12:13 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
Must concur. Freeway Fighter is indeed by Ian Livingstone....unless Ian also has a US Doppleganger like Steve Jackson does.
Go to Top of Page

Repurgateur

France
2 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê17 Feb 2004Ê:Ê 10:36:21 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
Hello, this is my first post, so I will introduce myself.
I’m a fan of Fighting Fantasy since the french translation (around mid 80’s) and I’ve discovered Myriador at the end of the last year. I’ve got the 4 modules and I have to say that this is really a great job ! Many thanks to the Myriador’s team for those marvellous conversions. I also especially like the art work of Martin McKenna (in Fighting Fantasy and WFRP).
Well, the next modules seem to be Trial of the Champions and Sorcey! 2, then Forest of Doom and Sorcery! 3. Personnally, I really like Citadel of Chaos, I think that this is a good introduction to Sorcery! and the magic system. My other favourite gamebooks are Sorcery! 4, House of Hell, Creature of Havoc, Return to Firetop Mountain, Legend of Zagor and Appointement with F.E.A.R. And an atlas of the Fighting Fantasy world and a core book would be great (in my own opinion)…
So, as we say in France : « Longue vie à Myriador !».
Go to Top of Page

Lovepuddin

Australia
1 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê04 Apr 2004Ê:Ê 11:54:55 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Lovepuddin's Homepage ÊSend Lovepuddin an ICQ Message ÊReply with Quote
House of Hell. Even after all the years I've had the book, still gives me the heebie-geebies when I sit down with it on a rainy night!!! Would be excellent to see it in a d20 setting!
Go to Top of Page

festaskull

22 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê22 May 2004Ê:Ê 11:41:26 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
Well better late than never eh...
Its almost 4 am here and Im still up reading this rad site.

I would say Citadel of Chaos and Temple of Terror.

Best
WEZ

Tonight the moon is full ,
in the land beyond the forest,
the howling of the Wallachian wolves , a seranade to the dreareyst soul.
Go to Top of Page

alexmegelas

8 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê28 May 2004Ê:Ê 17:20:58 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
I'll vote for:
Scorpion Swamp
Isle of the Lizard King
City of Thieves
Go to Top of Page

Shin Okada

Japan
6 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê23 Oct 2004Ê:Ê 12:18:33 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Shin Okada's Homepage ÊReply with Quote
Citadel of Chaos
Island of Lizard King

I also like City of Thieves. But if there is a volume problem, I can wait until a world guide book (of course should contain guide to Blacksand).

And, it is not a bad idea to convert Return to Firetop Mountain.
Go to Top of Page

eatingrich

United Kingdom
6 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê25 Oct 2004Ê:Ê 16:10:44 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
ok, ill go for freeway fighter, i loved that book and i always ran out of fuel! oh the memories, so that would be pretty cool though possibly harder to do a d20 version of because of the scope of it, obviously in an FF book you'd just stay on the road most fo the time etc.

house of hell i would love to see, can't believe how popular that one is actually...

vault of the vampire i enjoyed loads last time i played it a few months ago, would be a cool dungeon hack sort of adventure!

i also have very fond memories of demons of the deep too...
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
75 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê26 Oct 2004Ê:Ê 13:57:17 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Eryx's Homepage ÊClick to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address ÊReply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eatingrich

i also have very fond memories of demons of the deep too...[/br]

Ohh... I had forgotten about Demons of the Deep. I'd love to see that converted.

----

Love is what we're born with. Fear is what we learn here.

Checkout the IceHaven D&D online chat at:
http://www.exodus-chat.org/IceHaven/
Go to Top of Page

Melmoth

3 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê08 Nov 2004Ê:Ê 23:18:08 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
Seas of Blood would seriously rock. Appointment with F.E.A.R. would be very nice, too (could make for a great Mutants & Masterminds adventure).
Go to Top of Page

Balgin

United Kingdom
22 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê19 Nov 2004Ê:Ê 23:59:23 ÊShow Profile ÊReply with Quote
It would be nice to see the Yzatromo series complete (Forest of Doom, Temple of Terror, Crypt of the Sorceror (in which he jokes "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?")). Mind you they link into others too (as Caverns of the Snow Witch precludes FoD).

I always found the Yaztromo seires (any in which he makes an appearance) to be nicely linked in a good way if continuity's your thing. The other great thing about FoD (my first ever FF book) was that it wasn't some great big save the world quest. It was nicely modest (as were many of the earlier FF series, later it got into stuff like Legend of the Shadow Warriors (almost incompleteable due to needing to follow one true path and then geussing something due to two pieces of information only being available separately or something, haven't played it in a while now but it was great).

Starship Traveller had a typo?

You need to follow whatever tracks lead you to both I Abail and Luff. One of them is on the planet where the people grow younger and the other is involved in that space maze puzzle thing where you can fall off the pathways and die.

Edit: The Yaztromo series is: Forest of Doom, Temple of Terror, Crypt of the Sorceror, Phantoms of Fear, Return to Firetop Mountain and Legend of Zagor.

They belong together but it'd also make a nice bit of coninuity if they were being run together as a campaign with other FF adventures strung between. I know that Myriador is publishing them as standalone adventures (which is how they were originaly published anyway) buthaving the continuity there is a nice touch: one of those things that made the Fighting Fantasy adventures so great the first time around.

Mind you since Yaztromo's involved in Return to Firetop Mountain and Legend of Zagor that allows you to weave in all the Zagor stuff (Warlock of Firetop Mountain etc) and to also include Caverns of the Snow Witch (as it links into orest of Doom very nicely).

Now something really nice to do (marathon undertaking) would be to organise all the linked adventures in chronological order (not the order that they were originaly published in but the order that they "happen" in). Then it would be great to play through them all but using different parties for different adventures. SO when the party hears that King Gillibran's hammer is missing they could say "hey didn't our party hear something about that last adventure? In fact Biglegg and Stubb were in that adventure too...."

It'd make the world seem alive without forcing one bunch of characters to be at the center of the action every time (although the players could be there).

Edited by - Balgin on 20 Nov 2004 00:27:03
Go to Top of Page

Grieyls

Australia
4 Posts

PostedÊ-Ê12 Dec 2004Ê:Ê 01:37:01 ÊShow Profile ÊVisit Grieyls's Homepage ÊClick to see Grieyls's MSN Messenger address ÊReply with Quote
House of Hell

Do I really need to explain?

I come for the games, but I stay for the burnt pizza smell.
Go to Top of Page
Previous TopicÊTopicÊNext Topic Ê
Previous Page
ÊNew Topic ÊReply to Topic
ÊPrinter Friendly
Myriador Forums © 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000