Deathtrap Dungeon
 Out Now!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeDymond

67 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  16:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deathtrap Dungeon should be available in the shops any day now!

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd

Eternalknight

Australia
119 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  10:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Eternalknight's Homepage  Send Eternalknight an AOL message  Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message  Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address  Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure about anywhere else in the world, but Deathtrap Dungeon is now available in Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  15:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Eryx's Homepage  Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ordered my copy today. Can't wait. Deathtrap Dungeon was the first FF book I ever had.

Go to Top of Page

cimerians

14 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  19:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there from the start with Warlock but I remember when Deathtrap came out. It became my favorite along with Warlock and House of Hell.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  21:49:48  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was also there from the start. I always loved Deathtrap Dungeon, but Forest of Doom is my favorite.

I still remember sitting in school waiting for the book club to get the next FF book in. Seemed like an eternity. I stopped collecting them at about FF15 when girls became more important . I have started collecting them again now. Some are in good condition, others... well tatty springs to mind.

My wife managed to get me a copy of the very rare Legend of Zagor in a second hand shop for 99p yesterday. They are still selling tatty copies on Amazon for between £10-60.

Whats the luckiest find you guys have had?

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  11:02:14  Show Profile  Visit Eryx's Homepage  Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had sold all my FF books when I started roleplaying back in '87 but a few years ago I decided to try and get the original 5 "classic" ones and a couple others I really enjoyed.

I went into one shop and they only had 3 left.... Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Return to Firetop Mountain and Legend of Zagor! All three, now that was a lucky find.

Thinking about it... a Return to Firetop Mountain module would be cool. Especially if it was written for higher levels.

Go to Top of Page

Rabel

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  13:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been lucky with FF as I own all 59, but I am still lamenting the fact that I stopped buying Lone Wolf at number 22. Since I started searching for the final six, I have been lucky enough to get a copy of number 23, Mydnight's Hero through an individual seller on Amazon (who obviously didn't know what the book was worth as he sold it to me for £5! I've seen copies of it going on Ebay for $300) but amazingly enough, I was looking through a hobby/2nd hand bookstore about two months ago and saw that they still had a copy of number 26, The Fall of Blood Mountain, on the shelves! Needless to say, I grabbed it straight away and he sold it at cover price! (That book is currently sold on Ebay for around £80!)
Only four more to go...
Go to Top of Page

cimerians

14 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  01:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'll have to look through my books to see what I have and to see what they are worth!

I have a lot of the FF books and a lot of the Lone Wolf series....
Go to Top of Page

Rabel

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  10:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have nos. 24, 25, 27 or 28, Cimerians, I might be willing to buy them for a fair price...
Damnit. I shoulda kept my mouth shut...
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  12:24:01  Show Profile  Visit Eryx's Homepage  Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Got my copy of DD today, and I'm very impressed. As I said earlier, DD was the first FF book I ever got so its great to relive it again.

I so cannot wait to run this one.

Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
119 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  11:57:48  Show Profile  Visit Eternalknight's Homepage  Send Eternalknight an AOL message  Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message  Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address  Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had no idea how much some of the FF books were worth...

I knew I had some valuable Lone Wolf books in several of the New Order series, and the Magnamund Companion, but after talking to Jamie I realized I had some rare FF too. Legend of Zagor (as Jamie has already said... I have all 59 gamebooks). Allansia (which apparently is very rare). But my luckiest find was, apparenlty, Clash of the Princes, which I picked up for $6 AUS. According to Jamie, this is very very VERY rare.
Go to Top of Page

Rabel

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  17:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that true? Hmmm. And I saw a copy of both books in the original binder in a second-hand bookshop about two months ago. I may take a trip back there this weekend and see if they're still there...
They didn't seem to be commanding very high prices when I looked last though. Are you sure about their rarity?
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  23:17:02  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rabel,

I am just going by their prices on Amazon a couple of months ago. They were out of stock, but asking for over £100 at the time.

I would get back down to that shop mate. BTW.... what is the name of the shop and where is it located?

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD

Edited by - jamie on 01 Oct 2003 09:48:33
Go to Top of Page

Rabel

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  13:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, well, that would be telling.
Over £100? Really? I think I'll take a jaunt over there quite soon, then. Reasonable chance that they're still there as I got the impression that they'd been there a _long_ time before I saw them. I bought a copy of The Riddling Reaver when I was there last, as I had neglected to buy it when it first came out.
I'll let you know if I manage to get them.

Does anybody know if copies of Warlock magazine go for much, as well? I have all 13 of them as well.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  18:45:51  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
However, This is todays Amazon...... Sorry Shane

Clash of the Princes: Warrior's Way & Warlock's Way (Fighting Fantasy)Steve Jackson, Ian Livingstone
Puffin Books
Paperback - 1 August, 1986
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days

Buy used: £0.10

The moral of this story is: Dont listen to Jamie

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
119 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  13:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Eternalknight's Homepage  Send Eternalknight an AOL message  Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message  Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address  Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamie

However, This is todays Amazon...... Sorry Shane

Clash of the Princes: Warrior's Way & Warlock's Way (Fighting Fantasy)Steve Jackson, Ian Livingstone
Puffin Books
Paperback - 1 August, 1986
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days

Buy used: £0.10

The moral of this story is: Dont listen to Jamie

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD

Awww crap!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic