?Mapper available for download
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted?-?27 May 2003?:? 12:09:44 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
Our new Mapper software is now available for download along with the map files for the adventures we have released. Go to the Download page of the relevant product and select the required link.

Please bear in mind that it is still a beta test version. If you have any problems with the software itself or the download process please email

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted?-?05 Jun 2003?:? 15:29:48 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Hello ALL,

Sorry for my recent silence.... not been very well

Who has tried the mapper

Did you like it

Who has used the downloads for their gaming sessions

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
108 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 12:19:34 ?Show Profile ?Visit Eternalknight's Homepage ?Send Eternalknight an AOL message ?Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message ?Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address ?Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message ?Reply with Quote
Is the mapper only available for those who have purchased one of the adventures?
Go to Top of Page

Beastman

Germany
3 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 12:41:17 ?Show Profile ?Visit Beastman's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
mmm, seems so...

i too wanted to take a look, but i do not have the products...
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 12:50:31 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Sorry Guys, Yes it is only available once you have purchased one of the books

The mapper is a fantastic program invented by our very own James Barlow. It allows you to take any section of the colour maps (including the Widerness maps) and print if off on A4 sized paper so that you can use it for your gaming session as a Battle Map (or as a 'found map' in the case of the widerness map).

We used the complete map at Gen Con to play with Steve Jackson, as well as the full character sheets and Tokens(both created by myself). It all looks very good together and makes for a better gaming experience.

Where abouts in the world are you Beastman?

Hope you are well Shane

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Allansian Wanderer

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 13:39:31 ?Show Profile ?Visit Allansian Wanderer's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Downloads don't work

Has anyone who has purchased the books managed to download anything yet? I haven't and I've tried hundreds of times, adjusting all my browser settings, cookies etc, all to no avail.

+1 luck point to the person who solves the problem......

Regards,

Jim
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 14:30:18 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

I am really sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the downloads.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Beastman

Germany
3 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 19:23:46 ?Show Profile ?Visit Beastman's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
@jamie: hi, i'm from germany, perhaps should edit my profile ;-)

so, if i'm right, the mapper cannot be used to "create" your own maps, that is it is not a tile-mapper where you can puzzle your maps, but it is a program that lets you allow to (say) load a bitmap (or whatever) and then select a region of that bitmap and print that region?
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted?-?06 Jun 2003?:? 21:45:17 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
@ Beastman

That is correct

It means that if your group has an encounter in a specific room, you can print off the map and use it with figures.

Cool or what?

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Beastman

Germany
3 Posts

Posted?-?07 Jun 2003?:? 10:10:42 ?Show Profile ?Visit Beastman's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
sounds fine in reagrd to maps shiped with your products. its is really a very good idead!

but, you cannot use the mapper to make your own maps, can you? if you can, than you have to have pictures of specific size, because, if you have a map too small and print out a room for this map, the mapper zooms that room to DIN-A4-paper and that would make the print-out - how can i say that don't know the word - a low quality (because of pixel resizing). Or am I wrong here?

please feel free to visit www.herocraft.de for free d20 supplements
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted?-?07 Jun 2003?:? 11:04:37 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
The mapper is a Myriador exclusive and therefor it can only be used with our map files. The map files (for use with the mapper program) for Warlock and Caverns are already available for download. Deathtrap Dungeon and SORCERY! maps will be available once the products are released.

To answer your question Beastman, No you cannot use the mapper to create your own maps. The Mapper is to increase your enjoyment and gaming experience of the adventures.

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Godfather Punk

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted?-?16 Jun 2003?:? 22:22:31 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamie
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

I recently bought both WoFTM and CotSW. I tried to login to the authorized section of the download pages but keep hitting a brick wall.

If I type a random password I get a message "You answered incorrectly!" and get rerouted to the product's download page.

But if I type the (I suppose) correct password I get an error :

HTTP 500 - The page cannot be displayed
page = https://myriador.com/myriador_auth.asp

I tried both download sections but without success so far.

I this the same problem Allansian Wanderer encountered?

Also (unrelated to previous problem) I only have a Pentium II 300. Is there another way for me to use the maps? Will I be able to use the character sheets?

Thx,
Marc

Edited by - Godfather Punk on 16 Jun 2003 22:23:22
Go to Top of Page

Allansian Wanderer

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted?-?26 Jun 2003?:? 21:52:02 ?Show Profile ?Visit Allansian Wanderer's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Yes, that is the same problem I am getting.

Best regards,

Jim
Go to Top of Page

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted?-?27 Jun 2003?:? 16:43:18 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
We are looking into this problem but we have been unable to recreate it here and as I am sure you are aware it is very very hard to fix a bug when you can't even see it yourself. It also seems to only happen very rarely (we are now aware of 3 people who have had this problem). Could both of you please provide us with a full specification of the system that you are using to download (processor, memory, OS, browser, ISP etc.). That way we might be able to spot some links that will help us identify the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, in the meantime if anyone else has any problems with the downloads please let me know and we will make sure that you get hold of the downloads, one way or another.

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page

coreyartus

1 Posts

Posted?-?05 Aug 2003?:? 01:07:11 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
Mike or Jim--

Are there any plans to release your mapper for use on systems other than PC's? I have a Mac, and would love to be able to use the tools you've provided. The modules are priced with the downloadable features in mind, and the CARPG logo is a big draw to those who like "extras" (especially since they're not easily available to the players--hee hee)!

I know this may sound like another Mac-whine, but it might be nice to mention that the mapper is only useable with PC-compatible systems in future products, probably in the section of the mod subtitled "Using Maps and Miniatures." For some consumers, it can be the difference between a happy customer and a disgruntled sucker. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but it is a tad frustrating... I feel a bit taken...because it's really only a certain kind of computer-user that has access to the full experience.

Also, one last "beef" with your promotional materials. You take great pains to say these new mods are d20 based, and inspired by the Fighting Fantasy titles of old, but you never really come right out an say they're mods instead of single-player books like the old titles. I was expecting a d20 system adventure that I could play by myself, sans DM. I was really looking forward to it. Nothing in the promotional material led me to believe otherwise. I ordered them from my local gamestore, only to discover they weren't what I was expecting. It's nice to own an adventure I can run a single player through (and it would be nice if there were more rules on scaling the adventure for these purposes since you mention it's possible in your introduction), but I was expecting to be that player, not the DM for someone else. Please make this clearer in your promotional materials, or investigate a way to create a product of that nature.

Just my two cents!!

Corey, San Diego, USA
Go to Top of Page

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted?-?06 Aug 2003?:? 01:11:52 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
Your point is very valid and we will look into possibility getting a Mac version of the Mapper developed but I think that will take some time, if it is possible.

We will also look at ways of providing those downloads to users of other OSes that do not require the Mapper tool, which only really exists to make your life easier and the downloads faster.

As for the fact that we are producing adventures for small groups of adventurers and not solo games, I can only appologise for the confusion. It does state on the back of our first two products that these are designed for a small parties of a certain level and this info is now much more prominently printed on the front of each book.

It is also worth mentioning that the original FF books in all their solo play splendour are being re-released (they will be in the shops in the US by Christmas!) so if we had produced what you wanted we would now be in direct competition with them! So we made the decision to allow you to experience those books as you never have before, i.e. with your friends!

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page
Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic ?
Next Page
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums ? 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000